From Drive: The SciFi Comic
This content is not published under a Creative Commons license! Text and images are used in this wiki only with permission of the author. The content should stay true to the original.
Follow this link to get to the original: http://www.drivecomic.com/archive/171128.html
- Nameless Ghoggrider #1: Our position is now stable. The Ghogg has been wounded by the asteroid and cannot swim. We are evaluating her condition.
- Nameless character #1: This is an outrage! I'm bringing derf ore to a sales meeting on Bilstar 7! It absolutely, positively has to get there two weeks from Thursday!
- Nameless character #2: I have to plant my seed pod on Goftir before the solar zenith! Or I'll never get laid!
- Nameless characters #3 & #4: And we're on our way to a choir competition!
- Nameless Ghoggrider #1: Ghoggship Interstellar Transit services are offered without guarantee. That is why they are so inexpensice.
- Nameless character #5: You believe this luck? I was deployed on Vernatta in the brine mines. Was heading back home to spray a load of spawn eggs. Now it looks like we might be stuck out here!
- Nameless character #6: Ghoggriders have been swimming these spaceways for a thousand years. They have ways of dealing with this sort of thing. They must!
- Nameless Ghoggrider #1: The Ghogg is dying.
- Nameless character #1: Of course! Of course!
Do you realize I work on commission?!
- Ladresco: How are we for air? Electric power?
- Nameless Ghoggrider #2: We will have air and current as long as the Ghogg's spirit remains with us. Her lungs are still strong and pleasingly moist.
- Ladresco: That guy just said the Ghogg is dying.
- Nameless Ghoggrider #2: In that case, the hour of our collective demise is near.
- Ladresco: We need to send up a distress call. I have military priority access codes from Kol Ternas station. What resources are on board?
- Nameless Ghoggrider #2: It is the greatest of honors to die with a Ghogg. My ancestors could not dream of such an auspicious end to their line.
- Nameless character #6: This is probably rude to say, but you wonder if they steered into that asteroid on purpose.
- Tales of the Drive
- Short stories set in the Drive universe.
Written and drawn by today's best artists.
- This is the first mention of derf ore, Bilstar 7, Goftir, Vernatta and Kol Ternas station.
- Apart from Ladresco and his partner, this is the first time we see these characters.