From Drive: The SciFi Comic
This content is not published under a Creative Commons license! Text and images are used in this wiki only with permission of the author. The content should stay true to the original.
Follow this link to get to the original: http://www.drivecomic.com/archive/181009.html
- The Ballad of Fintresslanope - Hero Clerk of the Fillipod People
- written by Dylan Meconis | dylanmeconis.com
- drawn by Carissa Powell | simkaye.com
- Narrating Fillipod: [off-screen] And unto him was given then
a vorpal blade and shield,
and sent unto the darkest sphere.
to see what it might yield.
- Narrating Fillipod: [off-screen] He asked him every local beast
of minor sentience proven
- Narrating Fillipod: [off-screen] But none would help him to his goal,
- Narrating Fillipod: [off-screen] Not feathered,
- Narrating Fillipod: [off-screen] finned,
- Narrating Fillipod: [off-screen] nor hooven.
- Tales of the Drive
- Short stories set in the Drive universe.
Written and drawn by today's best artists.
- The vorpal sword is a reference to Lewis Carroll's poem "Jaberwocky".
- This is the first appearance of this robot, this multi-eyed species, this bird, this fishlike species and this picasso-ish horselike species.