From Drive: The SciFi Comic
This content is not published under a Creative Commons license! Text and images are used in this wiki only with permission of the author. The content should stay true to the original.
Follow this link to get to the original: http://www.drivecomic.com/archive/160229.html
- That Time THE VEETANS Defeated the Tesskans FOREVER!
- written by ryan north
- illustrated by tony cliff
- Kari: Someone outside La Familia got the ship to work? With that knowledge out, anyone could--
- Nat: No, it's not that. The ship was busted. Didn't work.
- Kari: You said it was gone. That's what the Drive does, Nat.
- Nat: Okay, but-- how do Drive ships work? I mean, like, generally.
- Kari: Everyone knows the basics! It's how it gets done that's the problem. How did they--
- Nat: So tell me the basics!
- Kari: ...
- Kari: Same metaphor we all got in school. Space is a tablecloth, the ship's an ant on top...
- Kari: ... and the Drive bunches up the cloth in the middle. Any at that walks a little way across the bunches...
- Kari: ... finds that it's equivalent to a long way when the tablecloth's smoothed out again.
- Nat: Exactly. Exactly!
Now what if the Drive was still damaged but, it turns out, not completely broken? What if you had a non-propulsive' Drive, still folding space, but stuck in neutral?
- Kari: ... You're not travelling anywhere, but... you're still outside normal spacetime? You'd be invisible, right? Untouchable.
- [May stumbles backwards towards the switch]
- [sign reads "I Am Literally A Spaceship"]
- May, Science Veetan and Kari: Holy crap.
- Tales of the Drive
- Short stories set in the Drive universe.
Written and drawn by today's best artists.