From Drive: The SciFi Comic
This content is not published under a Creative Commons license! Text and images are used in this wiki only with permission of the author. The content should stay true to the original.
Follow this link to get to the original: http://www.drivecomic.com/archive/180412.html
- Taneel: Whoa, now: Let's take a breath before we start throwing accusations around.
- Ahmis: Your dictionary was very revealing about your species. There were 8,000 words expressing how much your offspring mean to you. They are, in some sense, your defining creation.
- Ahmis: Whereas my people procreate by parthenogenesis. Our offspring mean very little to us. We define ourselves by what we create.
- Ahmis: Our Spirits are the ultimate expression of who we are. They are our lasting mark on the universe. They are, in your terms, our children.
- Ahmis: So when a Spirit is stolen, think of it as stealing what makes you, you. Snatching a soul. Kidnapping a child.
- [Holographic interface goes "FEE-DEET DEET"]
- Fernando: Hey! how'd you open that file?!? That's got Familia locks on it!
- [Ahmis studies hologram intensely]
- Ahmis: And in this case, kidnapping a very specific child.
- JOIN THE DRIVE CORPS!
- GET EXCLUSIVES, EARLY ACCESS, GIVEAWAYS & MORE!
- This page is called "Offspring and Children, Children and Offspring".