From Drive: The SciFi Comic
This content is not published under a Creative Commons license! Text and images are used in this wiki only with permission of the author. The content should stay true to the original.
Follow this link to get to the original: http://www.drivecomic.com/archive/171031.html
- Mareeth Baron: [off-screen] I was 19 the first day I saw battle against the Continuum.
- Mareeth Baron: [off-screen] A terrible, bloody day.
- Mareeth Baron: [off-screen] But at the end of it, I came across a Maker general on the battlefield... bleeding out & dying.
- Mareeth Baron: [off-screen] I was young and still wide-eyed, and decided to offer him water, and my coat for a pillow.
- Mareeth Baron: [off-screen] I stayed with him as he died, and he thanked me for the kindness. "May your spirits,"' he wispered, "illuminate the universe."
- [Grasskan ship goes into FTL with a ZUU ZUU ZUU THOOM]
- [Grasskan ship drops out of FTL with a WAM]
- Mareeth Baron: [off-screen] I have thought about that general every time I close my eyes. There was no evil in that moment. Just a honorable end with dignity.
- Mareeth Baron: [off-screen] And so, Mard, as my people and I climb into our graves, I will strive for my own honorable end... by offering up a gift.
- Mareeth Baron: [off-screen] In the custom of your people, I should give it while saying "may your spirits illuminate the universe." But that would be a lie.
- Mareeth Baron: [off-screen] For the gift I offer brings only nightfall.
- Mareeth Baron: [off-screen] And I pray you never need to use it.
- This page is called "The Illumination of Nightfall"
- While the credits on the bottom of the page usually included something to the extent of "Dave Kellett / Drivecomic.com - patreon.com/drive", this is the first time someone other than Dave is mentioned: "Colors: Beth Morell"
Beth lately has been responsible for colouring Sheldon, Dave's other webcomic.
- ↑ New Colorist!