From Drive: The SciFi Comic
This content is not published under a Creative Commons license! Text and images are used in this wiki only with permission of the author. The content should stay true to the original.
Follow this link to get to the original: http://www.drivecomic.com/archive/170725.html
- The Machito enters the Yanta system, and is greeted by... an eerie stillness. Massice, ancient space stations; hulking ship platforms... all vacant and still.
- A thousand years ago, the Machito wouldn't even be able to approach the system. A once-miraculous grid, now crashed and broken on the shores of time, would've stopped the ship cold.
And had the Machito made it planet-side, it would've been reduced to atoms by a defensive tech no current galactic power could even guess at. This was a type-2 Kardashev civilization -- the only one in history -- and it was capable of miracles.
- But no technological miracles greet the Machito now... for a greater miracle has frozen the gears of Yanta. All is quiet on this casket of a planet.
- The crew steps out to hear the empty creaks and groans of memory. And here, among mile-high skyscrapers, they find they are... alone.
- Except for skeletons and near-skeletons: The remnant monks of Yanta, lost in exquisite religious ecstasy... and dying, dying, dying, dying.
- This page is called "Crashed and Broken on the Shores of Time"
- A type-2 civilization on the Kardashev scale is a stellar civilization able to harness the total energy of their star or channel a similar output of energy. In the early 21st century, humanity has yet to be a type-1 civilization.