From Drive: The SciFi Comic
This content is not published under a Creative Commons license! Text and images are used in this wiki only with permission of the author. The content should stay true to the original.
Follow this link to get to the original: http://www.drivecomic.com/archive/170307.html
- Kik: So what do we do, maker? Do we go to yer peoples?
- Ahmis: Spirits, no. They would kill me as soon as I landed.
- Ahmis: Sadly, Kik, there are some problems in this universe that can't be fixed.
- Kik: That ain't true. That ain't true at t'all.
- Kik: When I was young, my pa would awlays say...
- Kik: "Kik, if there's trouble -- like a field-fire or a swarm o' fang weevils -- you gotta look for the helpers."
- Ahmis: The what?
- Kik: [off-screen] The helpers. There's always gon' be helpers. People that run toward the trouble 'stead of 'away from it.
- [ship goes VOO VOO VOO]
- Ahmis: [off-screen] I don't understand what you're getting at.
- Kik: [off-screen] WE THE HELPERS, AHMIS.
AND WE GOTTA GO LOOK FOR MORE.
- This page is called "The Helpers"
- Kik's speech about looking for the helpers was inspired by a similar quote from American children's television icon Fred Rogers.
- ↑ Disqus Comment from Dave Kellett: "Boy, I don't know how I could say it *wasn't* inspired by Fred Rogers! :)"