From Drive: The SciFi Comic
This content is not published under a Creative Commons license! Text and images are used in this wiki only with permission of the author. The content should stay true to the original.
Follow this link to get to the original: http://www.drivecomic.com/archive/161222.html
- "Overhead I can count
the seven stars of the dipper,
and imagine I hear the noise
of the milky way as it flows...
- [the Machito flies in space]
- The sun's been pushed below
the westernmost horizon
a clear autumn moon
is trying to rise in the east
- [the Machito flies towards Du Fu]
- Because of clouds, we see
only shreds of the great mountain.
The clear river and the muddy river
mix together and are lost.
- [the Machito flies over a mountainous landscape]
- Down below you can't see much,
becasue of all the mist.
How can we even be sure...
- [the Machito flies over a cityscape]
- ... that this is our great Empire?"
-The Chinese poet Du Fu, writing in 753
- [the Machito lands]
- [while Nosh, the former Vinn, Orla, Fernando, Taneel, Skitter and Cuddow disembark, the Machito's pneumatics go TSSSSSSH!, Tssssssh! and Tssssssh!]
- [a sign with the Du Fu logo reads "No entry without TS-4 pass or"]
- Nyx #1: Ni hao, ship riders.
- Nyx #2: And welcome to Du Fu.
- This page is called "How can we even be sure that this is our great Empire?"
- This is the first appearance of these Nyx.
- The mountainous landscape panel is available as a 4K wallpaper for Patreon supporters.
- That third panel is reminiscient of traditional Chinese illustration.
- The Chinese poet Du Fu is considered to be the bestest Chinese poet for 1300 years. Also regarded as bizarre and daring by contemporaries. Loyal to the government.
- The page design warrants an animation: