From Drive: The SciFi Comic
This content is not published under a Creative Commons license! Text and images are used in this wiki only with permission of the author. The content should stay true to the original.
Follow this link to get to the original: http://www.drivecomic.com/archive/160516.html
- Pa: Sir! Before you go!
- Pa: My boy Kik made you a gift.
- Pa: ... A Prahsitt luck necklace to keep ill winds from your path.
- Ahmis: Oh! This is... very well made. I am honored by this spirited gift.
- Pa: Well, um... I don't know if this'll mean much to you, but my boy is green-born.
Means he got a special path to find in life. Great things to do.
- Ahmis: Does it now.
- Pa: And wellsir, sum'in tells me you're the one to show him those things.
- Pa: Signs is caused, sir, and signs got meaning.
- Pa: And when someone falls outta the sky, fixes what can't be fixed, puts more food on my family's table, well....
- Kik: We figger I'll never find a better mentor, sir.
- Pa: EXACTLY. So we wanted to ask if you'd consider takin' Kik with you... as yer apprentice?
- Pa: A green-born will soak up everything you got to teach him, and be loyal as loyal can be.
- Kik: And it'll be a two-way street, sir! I can help you with what needs helpin'.
- Ahmis: I'm afraid the Continuum is a closed loop. It does not permit outsiders.
- [Ahmis looks pensive]
- Ahmis: But then...
- Ahmis: I am no longer of the Continuum.
- [Ahmis touches necklace]
- [close-up to necklace]
- [Ahmis puts on necklace]
- Ahmis: My made-name... is Ahmis. I was once a high maker of the Colegium, serving in the great hall of spirits on Circle's End.
- Ahmis: And now... I will teach you what can be taught.
- Pa: Also please take his dumb bird.
- This page is called "Made-Name"
- This is the first appearance of this dumb bird.