From Drive: The SciFi Comic
This content is not published under a Creative Commons license! Text and images are used in this wiki only with permission of the author. The content should stay true to the original.
Follow this link to get to the original: http://www.drivecomic.com/archive/160104.html
- Cuddow: In light of the captain's um, temporary nap-naps, you may deal with me, director. I will assume command of the crew.
- Steven: You??
- Cuddow: And why not me?
- Cuddow: I am the senior Fillipod advisor on Tesskil. Which, by the treaty of Kochi, affords me the rank of ambassador.
- Cuddow: And as you know, by virtue of subsection 10, paragraph 22, line 8 of the imperial military code -- ambassadors may assume command of an armada ship when captains are incapacitated during times of war.
- [stare-off between Cuddow and Steven]
- Steven: Whatever.
- Steven: ... As I was trying to tell Taneel before she flipped out, we've already run the smaller Vinn through the procedure.
- Cuddow: Winter's kisses! Already??
- Steven: It appears to have worked. The virus is completely out of its system.
- Steven: So! Mister ambassador. While I check in on the prep work for the Veetan, I'll just leave this with you, since you're in "command"
- [Cuddow and bucktoothed species member stare at each other]
- [once more, with more feeling]
- [this time, Cuddow starts to sweat and look away]
- Cuddow: [whispers] (I lied.)
- Cuddow: [whispers] (... It might've been subsection 6)
- This page is called "Ambassador Class"