From Drive: The SciFi Comic
This content is not published under a Creative Commons license! Text and images are used in this wiki only with permission of the author. The content should stay true to the original.
Follow this link to get to the original: http://www.drivecomic.com/archive/151229.html
- Steven: ... so tu summarize: If the process works, the virus should burn off completely
- Cuddow: [whispers] (Hey! Maybe I could try weird paper cut-outs! Like Matisse! ... Do you have scissors
- Skitter: Shhhhh!
- Steven: His biological system wll be dramatically different, of course. The Vinn virus is hugely transformative
- Steven: ... Should he wish, we can transplant organs from Veetan cadavers, ... but the simple truth is, every organ in his body should work markedly better from the infection
- Taneel: WAIT: Why did you say "if the process works"?
- Steven: We've only tried the dang thing once... and not on a Veetan. At best we have a fifty-fifty chance to---
- Taneel: No. Stephen, no. That is not good enough.
- Steven: Taneel... Hey! You can't take that kind of tone, here
- Taneel: NOT GOOD ENOUGH. DO YOU HEAR ME?? YOU WILL SAVE THAT BOY, BY GOD.
- Steven: Taneel, stop this! This is not wisdom: Don't repeat your brother's mistakes...
- Taneel: YOU WILL SAVE THAT BOY
- Steven: Guards! Guards!
- [Cuddow tranquilizes Taneel with a TAK]
- Cuddow: You.
- Cuddow: Will save.
- Cuddow: That boy.
- This page is called "Not Good Enough"
- The holographic projection seems to show a kind of bacteriophage, which makes sense, since this is a viable way to introduce foreign material into a cell and since the Vinn parasite is viral at its basis.
- This is the first mention of Taneel's brother.