From Drive: The SciFi Comic
This content is not published under a Creative Commons license! Text and images are used in this wiki only with permission of the author. The content should stay true to the original.
Follow this link to get to the original: http://www.drivecomic.com/archive/151221.html
- Jinyiwei agent: Welcome, captain Taneel.
While the project Styx team preps their equipmetn, I'm to invite you to relax in the lounge.
- Taneel: Understood. And will the director be there?
- [Machito goes SSSSSSS]
- Jinyiwei agent: Shortly. He's still speaking with El Puño.
- Taneel: She's here? On Chile? I didn't know she ever left the panopticon.
- Jinyiwei agent: El Puño goes wherever the emperor commands, ma'am. And you're standing in the second panopticon
- Taneel: The second panopticon?? Well my goodness. Why build one when two gets you twice the secrets.
- Cuddow: --Fessa?
- Fessa: Cuddow?
- Cuddow: Of all the places! ... Are you working on Styx?
- Fessa: I... am. But the walls have ears, here. We shouldn't speak.
- Cuddow: Why not? What's wrong with two old friends saying hello?
- Fessa: [speaks in Fillipod language]
- [Cuddow freezes in surprise]
- [Cuddow's antenna goes TAKA TAKA TAKA]
- This page is called "When a Fillipod meets a Fillipod, Comin' Through the Rye" - most likely a reference to Catcher in the Rye, which, in turn, references the song turned poem Comin' Thro' the Rye
- Fessa isn't kidding about the walls having ears - a panopticon is built so everyone within it can be observed without knowing at any time.