From Drive: The SciFi Comic
This content is not published under a Creative Commons license! Text and images are used in this wiki only with permission of the author. The content should stay true to the original.
Follow this link to get to the original: http://www.drivecomic.com/archive/150123.html
- Because real-time communication is prohibitively expensive between stars, the epire's communications work largely on delay.
- Father: Hi, son! The news is saying that pirates are active in your sector. Please leap home as soon as you get this.
- Recorded vid-packs bounce ship-to-ship, delivering videos & data
- The delay is annoying, but it works. (Mostly)
- Father: "... Hope this reaches you quickly! Ping me back!"
- But if you have gobs of money, you can use IndústriaGlobo's new network of Ring Relays... a secret Fillipod modification to the Cruz Drive.
- Plunk down the cash, and voilà: You're instantly talking to the other side of the galaxy.
- Emperor Cruz: NEPHEW
- Fernando: Maaah!
- Emperor Cruz: Fire up your Ring
- Emperor Cruz: You're going to Slaughter, 'Nando
- Emperor Cruz: And put some dang pants on!
- Emperor Cruz: LORD
- This page is called "Communication Errors"