From Drive: The SciFi Comic
This content is not published under a Creative Commons license! Text and images are used in this wiki only with permission of the author. The content should stay true to the original.
Follow this link to get to the original: http://www.drivecomic.com/archive/150112.html
- Emperor Cruz: So, astronomer: You have news of the Continuum?
- Astronomer: Not the Continuum, sire.
I've spotted FAR DARKER things that creep past our fears, and into our nightmares.
- Emperor Cruz: What... a spider? You saw a widdle spider in your widdle telescope?
- Astronomer: Ha ha! You are a delight. The perfect palliative for my palpitating heart.
- Emperor Cruz: Stop
Tell me in plain language what you saw.
- Astronomer: I... I'd been charting ammonia clusters in the Wash. And in the process saw something extraordinary.
- Astronomer: Fleets, sire. Fleets of Vinn, leaping in from the Carina-Sagittarius arm. They must have developed FTL drive.
- Emperor Cruz: NO. Nonono.
- Astronomer: And I've been tracking them, In three weeks, they seem to have invaded Tin, Slaughter, ... and, um...
- Emperor Cruz: And what?
- Astronomer: ... and the entire 3,000-year old Grasskan empire
- Emperor Cruz: Dear GOD
- Astronomer: And while, yes, I know it was a throw-away line, I have to reiterate what a gem the spider thing was.
I'm jotting it down for my book group.
- This page is called "The Perfect Palliative for my Palpitating Heart"