From Drive: The SciFi Comic
This content is not published under a Creative Commons license! Text and images are used in this wiki only with permission of the author. The content should stay true to the original.
Follow this link to get to the original: http://www.drivecomic.com/archive/101127.html
- The act of creation is the organizing principle of the Continuum. Since biological reproduction is immediate, painless, and identical for them... the birth of a new machination -- a new "Spirit" -- is the ultimate individuating act.
- It illuminates the universe with the declaration: "I was here. I birthed this. I will live on."
- The judgment of what constitutes a new Spirit falls to the highest-ranking Makers: The Colegium. Only they have the power to distinguish the truly "new" from a mere iteration of an iteration.
- As such, theirs is the holiest work... And they themselves are beyond reproach.
- Imagine their shock, then, whe one of their own brings forth a true abomination for judgment:
- A Spirit which is itself... a Maker.
- Rogue Spirit: gre e tings to yo u
- This is the first time a Maker (or a derivative) speaks.
- This is the first time the Rogue Spirit appears in the comic. It is the only known form of strong A.I. in the Drive universe.