From Drive: The SciFi Comic
This content is not published under a Creative Commons license! Text and images are used in this wiki only with permission of the author. The content should stay true to the original.
Follow this link to get to the original: http://www.drivecomic.com/archive/100925.html
- On his 150th year as a Maker, he was again eligible to test for the Collegium.
- He had failed in his 50th and 100th year: too little command experience, too thin a grasp of theology, and most importantly... too few Spirits birthed.
- But the intervening fifty years had been productive ones... and his proctors were impressed.
- So impressed, that they advanced him on to the final stage: the "test of tests."
- The posed question, they explained, was different for every cadidate -- and here was his: Birth a Spirit that could isolate and contain a single quark.
- And do it using only the meager materials provided.
- Do it within one week
... and without sustenance
- ... He immediately wished he hadn't skipped breakfast.
- This is the first time the Colegium appears in the comic (in its alternate spelling). Despite their clerical(?) uniform, all of them differ in the hair-like floaty stuff above their heads.
- From today's understanding of physics, this is a big challenge indeed. As far as we know, a single quark cannot exist alone.