From Drive: The SciFi Comic
This content is not published under a Creative Commons license! Text and images are used in this wiki only with permission of the author. The content should stay true to the original.
Follow this link to get to the original: http://www.drivecomic.com/archive/100612.html
- He was tagged as the 10,392nd Continuum soldier to land on the planet. And that tag wasn't a military oversimplification: He was, in every sense, a number. A cog in a war machine.
- A machine... that was massively outgunned. Around him, Continuum soldiers fell in wave after wave of the native's counter-attacks. Within hours of the battle starting... only #10,392 was left alive.
- And as the desperation of that sets in, his mind seizes on the spark of an idea: a flash of creativity arriving unbidden from the ether.
- It is... a design. A weapon design.
- He builds it quickly, as though it were a a repetitive task he had done thousands of times before. And yet it is so new.
- So new... and so unique.
- And only afterward, only after the lethal results were made clear, did it occur to him that he had created it.*He was a MAKER now... and his life would be changed forever.
- Even though this is not the first published page in the Ahmis Plot, this is the first time Ahmis appears in the comic.
- This is also the chronological start of both the Main Plot and the Ahmis Plot.
- This is the first time this native horned species, now known to be the Grasskans, appears in the comic.
- This is the first time this nameless planet, possibly but unlikely to be Nathos and perhaps Goya/Dann, appears in the comic.