From Drive: The SciFi Comic
This content is not published under a Creative Commons license! Text and images are used in this wiki only with permission of the author. The content should stay true to the original.
Follow this link to get to the original: http://www.drivecomic.com/archive/100605.html
- Skitter: [off-screen] Daaang! This spaceport is huge.
- Nosh: [off-screen] Is good size, yes! But Veeta has been spacefaring planet for 500 years... So our ports are much bigger than Earth's.
- Skitter: Aw, snap! ... You hear that, 'Nando? Our boy's talking smack about your people.
- Fernando: No he's not: It's true. Veetans were in space when the Wright Brothers were still in diapers.
- Taneel: Quiet, lads. There's Familia walkin' towards us across the tarmac.
- Fernando: Hrmm. Looks like it's... my uncle Gustavo. He's proconsul on Veeta. Somethin's up if he's here to greet us.
- Fernando: ... I better talk to him.
- [Fernando and Gustavo make a lot of weird hand gestures]
- Skitter: Wow. A secret sign language. That's surprisingly creepy.
- Taneel: Very little about that family isn't surprisingly creepy.
- Nosh: Ooo! Ooo! 'Nando! Show me how to say my name with it!
- This is the first time the secret La Familia sign language is used in the comic.