From Drive: The SciFi Comic
This content is not published under a Creative Commons license! Text and images are used in this wiki only with permission of the author. The content should stay true to the original.
Follow this link to get to the original: http://www.drivecomic.com/archive/100522.html
- Taneel: OK, Ms. xenobiologist, let's lay it on the line: What planet do we go first? Where do we find creatures like him?
- Skitter: I'd start on Handsome-4, in the Handsome system.
- Orla: It's tricky, captain. I've checked every database... Going all the way to Emperor Conrado's reign.
- Orla: ... No human has ever reported a creature like him.
- Orla: Surprisingly, the best place to start might be Nosh's home-world. His people are wanderers... and gatherers of facts 'n figures.
- Nosh: Is true!
- Nosh: ... Today I learn it is Grant who is buried in Grant's Tomb!
- Orla: And the empire has only digitized a third of their libraries, so there's plenty to search.
- Nosh: ... But wait. Hold the phones. Did other grants bury grant in Grant's Tomb? And if so, where is those Grants buried?
- This is the first mention of the planet Handsome-4 and of the Handsome system.
- Nosh is referring to Grant's Tomb, in which - indeed - the 18th POTUS and his wife are entombed. The question "Who is buried in Grant's Tomb?" is often used as a joke riddle, because the answer is actually "no-one".
- ↑ not an actual planet, not an actual system