From Drive: The SciFi Comic
This content is not published under a Creative Commons license! Text and images are used in this wiki only with permission of the author. The content should stay true to the original.
Follow this link to get to the original: http://www.drivecomic.com/archive/100403.html
- Emperor Cruz: I will let you in on a secret.
- Emperor Cruz: Every ship in our fleet -- and in the Continuum fleet -- has a governor on its speed.
We fly slower than the Drive would allow, because no pilot, no computer, can react fast enough to oncoming debris in pinched space.
- Emperor Cruz: But a fleet piloted by your squirrel-thing could take the Drive to its theoretical limits!
- Emperor Cruz: ... And the Continuum would have no way to fight it!
- Emperor Cruz: [off-screen] So here is what you will do: You will find his planet. You will find his people. And you will get them all fyling for me.
- Emperor Cruz: [off-screen] ... By any means necessary.
- Emperor Cruz: And to accomplish that, you'll have your pick of the finest crew in the fleet! ... A chance to pick the best of the best!
- [sign says "enny's" (Denny's)]
- Denny's Barista: Sir?
- Nosh: Mmf?
- Denny's Barista: We're closing
- Nosh: Mmf.
- Denny's Barista: ... and we're out of shakes.
- Nosh: Mmf!