Continuum of Makers
|The Continuum of Makers|
Makers at war with the Grasskans on Page 0046.
|First mention:||Page 0002|
|First appearance:||Page 0002|
|Encyclopedia Xenobiológica entry:||Page 0004|
|Homeworld:||Circle's End (adopted)|
|Planets:||The Shaping, Edge of Light, Soul's Grasp, Mind's Eye. Formerly Nuevo Chile.|
|Av. size:||2.1m, 135 kg|
|Av. lifespan:||5 to 6 centuries|
|Intelligence rating:||Pre-makers: Kilo-Lima Range (presumed) |
Makers: Victor-Whiskey Range (presumed)
|First contact:||Hostile, seeking return of Ring Drives.|
The Continuum of Makers are an alien race at war with the second Spanish Empire. The Continuum seeks vengeance for what they view as the crime of reverse-engineering the interstellar, faster-than-light Ring Drive. They are known to be incredibly inventive and intelligent, and exceedingly vengeful towards those who steal their technology. The highest ranking Makers are in the Colegium, and the leader of the Makers is called the Maker Prime.
- 1 Enciclopedia Xenobiológica
- 2 Spirits
- 3 Characters
- 4 Known Conflicts
- 5 Ships
- 6 References
Spirits are inventions and/or original ideas of a Maker. The concept of Spirits is the basis of the Continuum's society. According to Ahmis, the Ring Drive is the Continuum's first recorded Spirit. Sprits are regulated by the Colegium.
The Colegium can be considered the big fish in the Continuum's hierarchy. In fact, the biggest. They decide the distinction between a new Spirit and a derivative work.
- a rogue Spirit, able to create Spirits (a robot), created by Ahmis
- Makers can spawn clones/copies of themselves
- So can the rogue Spirit, although the process seems to be different, being referred to as "reproducing mirror selves"
Known Continuum ships include:
- Ahmis Ship
- The Spark of Thought
- 285-3945-1, a long-range suicide scout ship discovered something after 22 years
Known Continuum fleets include:
- Contemplation, Rumination and The Brooding, as requested by a Maker for the attack against Nuevo Chile 
- Cogitation, a fleet sent to the science colony on Mind's Eye