From Drive: The SciFi Comic
The Ahmis ship is a drive ship belonging to Ahmis. Its journey sets the story in motion.
- The ship has a Ring Drive and is thus able to travel faster than light.
- It is well built. Damage doesn't spread and other than the inflicted damage, it is in rather good shape after centuries of being exposed to stellar radiation.
Also, it can land and lift off (probably vertically).
- It is the first ship to make an appearance in the comic.
- Controls can be handled with hands (touch screens or similar tactile surfaces) and feet (control sticks), although opposable thumbs might not be a bad idea.
- It seems to have some sort of stealth technology, as humanity was not aware of its entrance into the atmosphere.
- The ship has an AI.
- The ship escapes the planet with its young, inexperienced Pre-Maker as a pilot and then gets hit by a very small piece of ore (<50 mm), which kills the pilot, the ship's systems and the Ring.
- Without the Ring, the ship falls down to sub-light speed. Largely adrift, the remains of the AI tries to restore the ship for centuries, until it comes across Earth.
- The ship lands on Earth at 2258. It is then discovered by Conrado Cruz, who makes the ship's technology the basis for the Second Spanish Empire.